Monday 23 January 2012

In The Editing Stage

FINAL CUT EXPRESS


I started editing a couple of weeks ago now and I thought I would publish this post for an update of how I am getting on. I am finding it more difficult then I initially thought it would be. I am trying to be more innovative with my editing techniques. Rather than just editing clips together, I am trying to make use of the tools available like split screen and duplicates.


In this shot I have played around with the focus of the camera. The lights make a nice effect and when the focus comes back into position it features the artist.


In this shot I am trying to create an image within side another image. I am playing around with the fact that she has an alter ego and when she looks in the mirror she sees her darker side. At the moment I am trying to get to grips with the technology. Although I have used final cut express before, I have not used it in this much depth, I am trying to use clips of youtube to help me and learn as I go.


In this shot I am planning to use a split screen. The shot will feature her and her alter ego on the same bed at the same time and they will take it in turns to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment